Thursday, April 8, 2010

the bag of sweets

What is the true meaning of a friend, and a best friend? No one can tell, because we all have different definition for the words. To me, a best friend are those who knows you from the inside out. They know what you want to say without you having to say it out. They don’t find you troublesome in anyway. They are more than willing to help you out any trouble. They can find time off their busy schedule to give you a call. They are the person whom you cherish alot and at the same time, they cherish you alot.

Being a movie kaki, we always have the tendency to go for movie really often when we were back in the hometown, we still do that once in a while if we were back to our hometown at the same time. The both of us likes spontaneous plans, which is why we sometimes enter the hall late and miss ourselves some first few minutes of movies. There’s another thing that always happens in the movie, the bestie just cannot stop talking! It can be really annoying, trust me. But it’s been a while since we’ve last enter a movie hall together and I akinda miss the sounds the bestie create. Weird, I know…

It has already become a tradition for us to give each other a birthday present every year and this tradition still stays! It would be nearly impossible for us to forget each other’s birthday since our birthday’s only 2 weeks apart. There is however an amusing thing about the tradition. I’ll give the bestie only one gift while he will always get me several gifts! 2 at least! The first time he gave me 3 gifts, I scratched my head and wonder why. The bestie said it was because he doesn’t know what I want, so he got everything the thought I’d like! Yea, my eyes nearly popped out of the socket. This is when I think the tradition for him to give me multiple gifts started. Hmm…

The bestie and I are 2 totally different individuals. Different family back grounds, different mentality, different views on certain topics. But one thing we have in common is that we love to go to the seaside! I can remember that we always go to the seaside for barbeque session with a group of friends and we would stay there and talk till it’s about 4am before we decided to leave! There’s this once, I’m back to the hometown and I’ve had a rough week. The bestie showed up at my house and “kidnapped” me to the seaside. It definitely turned my week around. =)

Well, Things doesn’t go all smooth for the bestie and me all the time, we’ve had our fine share of fights and arguments over certain issues or misunderstandings. But one thing that is good between the bestie and me is that we like to confront the problems we are facing and talked about it and figure out a solution together. Over time, we’ve gained understanding amongst ourselves and we started to get in tuned. That is when we are able to communicate through our mind waves, hand and eye gestures! It’s amazing how we can do that, even our friend around us wonder how we can literally talk by just looking at each other with some eye gestures.

Long story short, we got to know each other at the age of 16 and shared the same high school class since. We’ve moved to KL to further our studies pursuing different courses going our separate ways. But it haven’t prevented us to meet up every once in a while and the constant phone calls that we’ve exchanged.

I sometimes sit down and reminisce about the good old days we shared, the jokes, the laughter, the noises in the cinema, and the constant smack on the shoulder. It is like looking into the bag of sweets with different colours. and the best part would be to put the sweets into your mouth and taste them. It brings back beautiful memories. =)

To make new friends is one thing, to maintain a friendship is another. In this case, I think the bestie and I did a very good job in maintaining our friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment