Wednesday, August 3, 2011

the tempo, my tempo.

Tempo, a musical terminology referring to the pace or speed of a given piece. It possesses the ability to affect the mood and difficulty of a piece, rendering it a crucial element of a musical composition. (Wiki, 2001)

Adagio, marks the start of my work life. Things were rather slow since I’m new to the industry. Same questions were being asked repeatedly. Constantly making the same mistakes. It felt as if time stopped. But, I’m very thankful for my colleague who helped me out gladly. Making sure I did my work right, the scripts being executed properly, or the reports I did being presentable. I’m very thankful. =)

As I started to get hold of my work, more and more tasks are being given to me. Andante sets in and begin it’s role of spicing up my work life. having more responsibilities, more tasks, more to learn, and more late nights. All these has made me slightly disconnected with my Uni friends since most of my energy is being focused at work.

Soon enough, Allegretto takes it’s position as I’m being put in charge in the execution of 2 huge clients. Taking them pass the transition cycle, providing input and information. Things were not easy as the tasks were challenging and many late nights were being pulled off to get things to go smoothly. But, all is well.

1st July 2011, the piece were played to the Vivacissimo tempo. A promotion is in place, and a new seat awaits as I’m being transferred into a new department. where more challenging tasks awaits.

1 year, 1 new role, persevere and to do my best. Nothing is impossible!

 

The composition continues and the days pass, This piece is just the mark of a starting point, a piece to remember where I begun, and I hope there’s a nice ending to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment